Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Less than Stylish Week

This week, starting tomorrow, it is my honor to serve as Chair-Woman for the UCUMC Consignment Sale for one last term.  The sale is a children's consignment sale that my church holds twice a year.  It is a true passion  in my life.  The sale helps so many people it is unbelievable and I feel truly unworthy that God has chosen me to be a part of it.  I would like to say that I am "in charge"...but I really, really am not.  Not only have I learned since being Chair that God is fully in charge (of course), I also came to realize that I could never take the full credit.  The sale is run by a board of women that work tirelessly to make it all happen.  We make it happen for God, for others and for our families.  I have developed lifetime friendships through this sale as well as many, many friends and acquaintances in volunteers, consignors and shoppers.  It has made me appreciate all that God has blessed to me and my family and made me feel a purpose other than being a wife and a mommy.  I pray that everyone experience the feeling that I feel about the consignment sale...whatever it may be in your life.

With all of that said, you may not be hearing too much from me this week.  It will be my time to focus on my kiddo's fashion this week!  I will be wearing lots of Yoga pants and sneakers and NO sassy accessories.  But, I will try to keep up with what is fun and interesting in fashion news (well, as it applies to me of course!) and share some of that.  I may even have to brag on some good deals that I snag for my little princess!

If you would like information on the sale please visit www.ucumc.org and click on Consignment Sale under the Serve tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment